Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Halloween!!


This week was a good one! For the most part.. Wilson hasn't answered any of our texts or phone calls since last week. He has completely disappeared! So we are just hoping and praying that everything is going okay for him and that he will turn up again someday! 

This week we had a huge miracle! We were out proselyting and we got a call from a member in a different area. She gave us the number of a man and said that he was waiting for our call! We called him right away and he set up for the next day! The next day we met with him and he was very prepared! We set a baptismal date with him and he asked if we could move it up to this upcoming Saturday! He has to have the lessons and come to church 3 times so we couldn't do that, but it shows how ready he is! I am excited to see him progress and come unto Christ! I hope it all goes well! 

We moved Marks date to the middle of this month and we are hoping that he will be able to make it for this one! He is doing really well! He's just not very committed to coming to church. 

Halloween was crazy! I didn't think many people would celebrate it.. but around 5:30 on Saturday night the main road had tons and tons of people in costumes on each side walking around trick-or-treating I think.. I have never seen so many people out on the road all at once! And there were a ton of Americans and people from all countries and it was really interesting and super crowded and fun! 

Elder Marks and I both bore our testimonies in church because one of us will be leaving this week! We aren't sure who but we think it will be him and I'll be getting a new companion here. I hope that I know the area well enough for that.. It should be interesting! I decided that I need to bear my testimony every fast Sunday! I don't know why it took me this long to figure that out.. 

Also the Less active family that we found a few weeks ago has been coming to church every week and last night they had us over to there house for dinner! It was really really good and they are really really nice! There dad isn't a member but he is super awesome! I hope that his families example will help him come into the church! Also I had Chou doufu or stinky tofu for the first time! When I smelled it I thought I might throw up when I ate it.. But I went for it and after the first piece I didn't feel like I'd throw up anymore. Then the second piece was actually pretty good! I am glad that I was able to eat it and even kind of enjoy it! 

I want to share a bit about fasting! I love fasting here on my mission. It is really hard sometimes because we still go out and work and it gets pretty exhausting, but it always works out! Also After fasting I feel really refreshed! And I know that as we fast we are able to receive answers to the things that we are needing! I had lots of little thoughts through out the day reminding me again of the importance of forgetting and humbling myself and doing everything I can to love and serve the people here! 

I hope that you all have a wonderful week this week! I know that this church is true! Sometimes this work is pretty hard.. But it is also absolutely worth it! Keep building your testimonies! I hope you all have a safe, happy, awesome week! 

Love Elder Jensen!

Elder Marks and I, Stinky Tofu, and the Awesome Li Family. 





No comments:

Post a Comment