Monday, November 23, 2015

Time is going super fast! And Happy Thanksgiving!

It seems like I was just emailing! 

This week was another great week with Elder Matua!! Our numbers weren't as good though. We struggled to find new investigators. But there is always this week!! I'm excited to get back to it! 

Some exciting things happened this week though. On Monday we got a text from Amber that said after some pondering she has decided that she wants to be baptized and become a Christian. We were super excited! We weren't able to meet with her last week though because she went on a little trip. We'll be meeting her tomorrow and I can't wait to help her continue progressing! We set baptismal dates with people to help them progress and since we couldn't meet with her I decided to call her and try to set a date with her over the phone! It went really well! I don't know if I will ever have a chance to do that again, but it was a fun experience. 

Brother Lin is still having a rough time with smoking and he keeps committing to come to church and then something comes up and he doesn't make it. We are hoping to get him progressing this week! I think coming to church will be big for him. 

Tomorrow Elder Stevenson will be here to talk to us!! I'm super excited to receive some counsel from an apostle! His son is in the Taizhong mission and he has a nephew here in our mission. I will let you all know how that goes next week! 

Today we are going to Danshui! It will be my first time really seeing the ocean up close since being here! I'm excited to go check it out! 

The last couple of weeks we have really been emphasizing the Sabbath in our teaching! We try to invite all the people we meet to come to church and we invite people to do chapel tours. We also have been helping our less actives remember their baptismal covenants and the importance of the Sabbath and it has been going well!! We have been going all over our area trying to find out where all the people on our ward list have gone. We have a list of like 250 people and only around 120 at church every week. We have found lots of people are gone. Moved to other places. But we also ran into one of them out in front of his house! It was great! He talked with us then had a lesson later in the week and came to church! It's the best meeting people and helping them come back to church! They are all such great people! 

I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am thankful for you and the impact that you've had on my life! I'm thankful for the opportunity to serve here in such a wonderful place with such a wonderful companion! I'm loving serving with Elder Matua. I am also thankful for the Savior and His Atonement that allows us to change, overcome weaknesses and trials, and return to live with our Heavenly Father again! Keep an eternal perspective! That is what we are all working for and we are promised that if we rely on Jesus Christ we will all be able to receive it. I love you all! I don't know if we are doing anything for Thanksgiving! I will let you know next week! 

Thank you for all the love and support have a blessed week! 

Love, Elder Jensen!

Our friend Brother Zhou! The less active we found!


Reinaldo Silva (a member from brazil) and one of his workers, Jake. FUNNY guys. 


No comments:

Post a Comment