Monday, May 22, 2017

Progress

I just want to say congrats to Brinn for taking state in the 100, 200, and 400!! That is so sweet! Way to go! I love you! 

Last Monday we went on a sweet hike in Neihu. Right when we got there it started raining and it poured on us the whole time! It was like swimming;) Haha really great though. Taiwan is beautiful and we had a lot of fun. 

Then this week was just awesome. All of the people we are meeting with are starting to show some great signs of progress. We are teaching a man named Joe. He is doing super well! We met with him for the first time 3 weeks ago after knocking into him like 7 weeks ago. Now he has been to church twice and loves it! While we went by his house yesterday he told us that in our lesson on Friday my companion Elder Olsen told him exactly what he needed and he's been thinking about it for the last couple of days and how he wants to change! Also when we met him on Friday his wife gave us homemade cake and it was the best thing ever! But then even better her husband was helping their son and she came up and started whispering to us and said "Thank you guys so much.. Please keep coming. He really needs you guys he's been having a rough time I won't say too much but please keep coming he needs you guys!" That was a really sweet moment. I love their family a ton! 

Also the sisters found someone on Wednesday and we met with him on Thursday then Saturday he came to a baptism and Sunday he came to stake conference! He is doing really awesome! His name is Dickie! He's just getting started but he has a ton of potential! 

Saturday we had a special mission conference. Elder Quentin L. Cook came and it was a really really great meeting! We only had about an hour with him but I learned a lot! He also bore a really powerful testimony! I'm so grateful for the chance to be serving here. I love my mission so much! 

I know that the Lord has a plan for all of us and I know that the Book of Mormon is His words for us. I love the Book of Mormon a lot. The talks were all about the Book of Mormon in Stake conference and I was reminded how much I love it! We should all read it everyday! 

Have a great week! I love you all! 

Love, Elder Jensen! 

Pictures: 
Cool kid we met in the 7/11

And a family I taught in Songshan that has a house here too! 






No comments:

Post a Comment