Monday, September 7, 2015

Best Week Yet

It is crazy that this week I will have already been out of the MTC for a month.. Time goes so fast! And slow.. Time is so weird! 

This was definitely the best week I have had so far! I am starting to be more comfortable with the language and kind of know my way around and it's great! I still don't know a lot of Chinese but I'm getting more comfortable with just trying and that helps a ton! Learning a lot everyday! 

This week was not as crazy as last week. We didn't do much on Monday.. Just got some groceries and cleaned our house a little bit. It was a mess when I got here. It is slowly getting better! 

Tuesday we had a training from the zone leaders about becoming real shepherds and knowing our sheep by name and loving them and being willing to sacrifice anything for them! It was a really really good training! 

The first person I met when I got here, a recent convert, moved out to go to college this week! He was always helping us with lessons and stuff! I will miss him.

Sunday night we had a fireside for recent converts and stuff in the Taipei area at the  chapel by the mission home and temple! Someone told us about Taysom Hill there too.. Too bad for him! There were a ton of other missionaries there and it was really great to see some people from the MTC for a minute! Everyone seems to be doing well! The fireside was all about temples! We are having a big push to get recent converts to the temple.. All of the talks were great. At least from what I could understand. 

So.. We still haven't found any new investigators from our street contacting or working with the members. We got a referral yesterday though. But yesterday at church a boy we didn't know was there. He said he is 18 just moved here for college and has met with the missionaries for 3 months already and thinks he wants to be baptized! That was super exciting! We will be meeting with him tonight. Hopefully it goes well! 

It is crazy.. You'd think that when missionary work is all you have to do everyday you would have plenty of time to do it. But every night we get to the end of the day and there's still things we need to get done! There's never enough time! 

We met with a really devout member of another church this week! It was really cool and the spirit was really strong! She told us how she's really searching for truth and when she's with us she has a good feeling, a feeling of the holy ghost. She told us all these questions she has and we were explaining and she kept having ahha moments where it just makes sense. It was a big testimony builder to me of this gospel and all the answers we have. Unfortunately she said she needs to think about stuff and didn't set up again but it felt like she was able to feel the spirit testify and we will call her and see if we can meet again. 

Elder Marks bike broke twice this week. Once the chain and once the tire! So we did a bit of walking! It is so slow.. Hahaha yesterday we walked to a hospital and it was a ways away and we hadn't eaten all day, but the funny thing is I felt okay! Not too hungry all day and not too weak! So it all worked out! 

I read the first few chapters of Mosiah last week and they were really really good! I hope you all can have an opportunity to check them out! 

Oh and I have found this week showing people the "Because He Lives" video is an awesome way to bring the spirit! That video is awesome! So powerful! Even when I can't read the words cause they are in Chinese I feel it! 

Also here is a quote from a few weeks ago somewhere that I really like! "Great men and women don't think in terms of time, but in terms of opportunities." 

I think that is pretty much it for this week! Have a wonderful week! Love you all! 

Elder Jensen 
English class Wednesday evening. 

Didn't take too many pictures this week.. Sorry! But here is this one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment