Monday, September 21, 2015

Tianmu/Shilin

The This was a really good week!! It was super tough being over two areas at once. Just cause we lost a lot of time going back and forth and we weren't sure if we could set things up cause we didn't want to have conflicts with the other area! This week we spent 3 nights in the Shilin apartment and 4 in Tianmu! It is pretty fun going back and forth! But also a pain packing stuff around.. Especially with no backpack. 

I learned a lot from being with Elder Anderton this week and we have some things we can improve. It is hard cause I feel like theres so much to do and we are falling short. But I'm just trying to get better and better and hoping eventually it will come! 

So this week we had some miracles! The first is we found my first new investigator for our area since I've been here!! "New investigator" according to the mission requirements anyway.. It was super awesome! So we went back to that same area where we were able to knock and go in to the families house and share a lesson with them. (They haven't set up again by the way.. Say they are too busy) But we knocked some more doors and again someone let us come up and he let us come into his house and share a message with him and then he set up to meet with us this week!! He's in college at the exercise college pretty close to our house. Said he runs a 100 meter in like 11.2! Not faster than some of the kids from high school.. But pretty fast! He is really cool and I hope that goes somewhere!

Also Elder Anderton was out finding with a member one night while we were at a lesson and he found someone that lived in our area. They came to church! And before church he met with us and he was another really awesome guy! He set a baptismal date for the end of October! Hopefully he keeps that desire! 

And last! We have a baptism on Saturday!! Our awesome investigator that just moved here passed his interview! His name is Aaron. Well english name. He is studying english and french so he speaks pretty good English! I like talking to him because if I don't know how to say something I can just say it in english most of the time! He is the best! I can't wait for his baptism this weekend! We are going to work with him this week to make sure he's ready and is going to stay active and have a strong testimony! I'll send pictures of the baptism next week! 

Other than those things this last week was just pretty crazy and fun and hard and happy! 

Elder Anderton has a member coming to help be his companion until the transfer meeting on Friday so he won't be with us this week. Also the other Elders that were in the MTC the same time as me will be coming! And that means so will Elder Hawkes!! Super excited for that! And I can't believe I'll have already been here a whole transfer.. That is crazy! I love it here in Tianmu! The weather has been a bit more comfortable these last few weeks and it's great! So many wonderful people. 

Thank you all for the prayers and support. I love and miss you all! Have a wonderful week! Remember the Lord! He loves each and everyone of us! Until next week! 

Elder Jensen

There are nice cars everywhere;) and I got my new tags!



No comments:

Post a Comment