Monday, July 6, 2015

Three and a half weeks!

Okay so this week there were some exciting things! It flew by again and I'm getting really excited for the 22nd when the next group of people I know come in!

First of all, I forgot to mention my mission president said our mission has no senior couples and so they are trying to recruit people. If you know anyone that might want to come let them know! I have heard it's awesome! And they don't need to speak Chinese! 

Wednesday I hosted again and it was super hot! I had a good time though! Hmm.. Life is pretty much the same.. Every day I study and we teach lessons about every other day. They are starting to get a bit better! Chinese has definitely come a long way since getting here! Yesterday I was able to understand all of the testimonies for the most part. Two native speakers bore their testimonies and that was a little bit harder but I still got most of it I think.. At least the main idea. 

We had a special fireside Saturday night for the fourth of July and it was two hours long and then after we went out and watched fireworks. They weren't anything too exciting but it was fun! The fireside was good.. But guess what?? It just so happened that I got to sit right next to Elder Cuff for the whole two hours! It was awesome and we talked a lot. I don't know if I'll get to see him again before he leaves tomorrow morning but I was glad I got to do that!! He seemed good.. Said the first few days were hard! Good to talk about people we both know and home and stuff! 

Sunday we had a really good mission conference and a great devotional that night! Jenny Oaks Baker came and played some songs for us with her whole her family! They were really good! They played some of my favorite songs.. Love at home was one.. It reminded me of home a ton! 

Hmm.. I don't know what else! Oh!!! Cleaning the temple this morning was super cool! Looking out of the temple windows on the third floor I could see everything out to the point of the mountain! Super cool! Also the view out over the lake was awesome!! 

Love you all!!! 

Have a great week!! 

Love, Elder Jensen

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Briggs hosted this week as well. Katherine's boyfriend entered the MTC on the 8th. It would be cool if he was the one who helped Lukas!

    ReplyDelete