Monday, July 13, 2015

Over Half Way

It's crazy to think Landon is in New York and I still have another 4 weeks here.. But It is going good! I'm getting really excited to get out to Taiwan though. Tomorrow the older Elders that have been here our whole time are leaving! I'm really going to miss them.. They made coming here a lot easier and have become some of my best friends here! But they'll do great! 

So this week we had a really good devotional on Tuesday! The guy was really funny and liked to talk like Gordon B. Hinckley! One thing he said is.. "If you want to know if God and Jesus Christ really appeared to Joseph Smith, ask God, He was there" I thought that was funny.. And true! He talked a lot about how powerful the first vision can be in our teaching! 

Other than that the week was pretty normal.. Friday we got to go to President Packers funeral though! He was an amazing man.. I learned a lot from the funeral.. I want to be like that. It impressed me that they said he gave the one thing the Lord would never ask for, his will. When he gave his will to Heavenly Father he was able to become an awesome instrument in the hands of the Lord. I love that. 

Thank you Family that sent the package! I loved all of your letters! It's so fun to here from all of you! 

The Chinese is hard.. I realized this week that I don't speak with the tones very well.. That's something I really need to fix and it will take a bit of work to go back over the things I know and get the tones.. but It will really help! 

My companions and I taught 4 lessons on saturday and all of them were the best lessons we'd ever had I think. We are learning how to work together and bring the spirit and keep stuff simple! It was really great to have some good lessons! 

I don't know if I said but Sundays are weird.. We have priesthood and then lunch and then sacrament meeting and then district meeting. Kinda strange! But I love Sundays.. I love when we get a break from Chinese;) but I love Chinese too.. I can't wait to be able to speak it well! 

Hmm.. There are lots of good friends here! It is fun! I love you all! Have a great week! Don't forget to read the Book of Mormon.. All weekend we learned and taught over and over how important and powerful the book is. No matter how many times you have read it, you will find power and help in reading it more. It will change your life! 

Still can't get pictures to work.. Next week I'll buy a card reader and get some pictures sent out! Sorry for the long wait! 

Much Love! 

Elder Jensen!

No comments:

Post a Comment