Monday, July 11, 2016

Short week!

Well lets see here!! This week was pretty short! Just Wednesday to today but a lot happened! After going to the Taibei and going to the temple then playing some fusball with President and his sons we took the bus to Toufen for our English class. It was the first time I've taken a real nap on my mission.. I was pretty tired from waking up at 3! Anyway it felt great! And then I really loved the English class that night! We had a lot of people there and it was a lot of fun! 

Then Thursday morning for exercise we ran from our house to the train station to pick up our bikes! Only to find that my bike was not there.. So we called this number of a place where they move bikes sometimes and the guy said we could go pick it up there.. It wasn't super clear if it was there but I ran over there only to find that it was not! Then ran back home! So that morning I got an unexpected hour plus run in..:) It was quite enjoyable.. I like running recently! And luckily a member left his bike in our apartment so I have just been riding that. It is a little small but it works until I can get another bike figured out! 

Hmm.. other than that there wasn't a ton that happened! We celebrated Sunny's birthday with her on the 7th by going to lunch and dinner with her! There was supposed to be a giant typhoon on Friday, but it didn't come near us.. It brought the most comfortable weather of the summer so far though:) There was a nice breezed and clouds and not a drop of rain! Pretty cool!! 

Another exciting thing is that our ward started a group on Line the social app everyone uses here to follow up with our investigators on their reading and praying! It is working really well so far! If you read and pray you put a smiley face on the page and you can also share about what you learned if you want! It motivates everyone to read and share and they are all edified and grow together! It is super cool:)

Also we used the ward to bring our investigators to church and saw a huge success in that everyone committed to come actually came! We had 5 committed and they all came! Super cool:) Using the ward really works! 

Hmm.. In other news transfers are this week and I am most likely going to be moving to a new area! I have been here for almost 7 months now:) It has gone super fast and I've really loved it! Any guesses where I'll be next? 

Also we have a 13 year old investigator that we found 2 weeks ago who is progressing quickly toward her baptism! She is super mature and talks like an adult and she does all of her homework and gets good grades;) Haha We gave her the pamphlet for the plan of salvation to read before our lesson and I called her to see if she'd read it and she told me of course! I do todays work today! No procrastinating with this girl! I'm pretty excited for her! 

And that being said I think that my little testimony spiritual share will be on something I've been thinking about a lot the last few weeks. Action. I feel like there are lots of things I want to do and I say that for a while and think about it for a while and then I don't do anything and I forget. When it comes to anything in our lives action is so important! There are lots of times where I want to improve something and I look at it and say well I don't know what to do to improve.. Well I've started to learn what I do isn't as important as that I do something:) Once there is a action you can evaluate and see if it helped and how you can improve it and keep getting better but you have to act:) I know that as we decide to act and then rely on the Savior He will help us! He will strengthen us! I've also really been trying to stop focusing on myself and what I need to do to improve and focus instead on what I can do to help other people! It seems to provide a bit more of a direction and a way to start acting and helping people and forgetting yourself makes me really happy! 

I love you all! Have a splendid week! Remember who you are! 

Love, Elder Jensen!

Huang family.. Saying goodbye! They have lost interest.. And Sunny's birthday lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment