Monday, March 20, 2017

A great week!

Well this last week was pretty great! Our bishop took us hiking this morning! It was a lot of fun! We saw the trail we hiked a year and a half ago for the outdoor zone conference at the beginning of my mission! It brought back a ton of great memories! I love my mission in Taiwan!!

Monday we went to a old street in Shen Keng and ate some really delicious stinky tofu as well as ice cream wrapped with cilantro and a tortilla type thing! I never knew there was so much wonderful food that I hadn't tried yet;) 

Then that night an investigator Elder Seamons that had disappeared called us crying and said maybe he needs a belief. We went and met with him right then and he was anxious to continue meeting with us! Then he got busy and didn't come to the appointment we set with him later in the week but I think that he will show up again and he has a good shot at progressing! 

Also that night we had the chance to give a blessing to someone in our ward. I think that giving blessings is something that I've come to really appreciate! I think it is such an awesome opportunity to serve. After giving the blessing I felt peaceful and then I reflected on the first blessing I gave on my mission and how I had been scared and after was worried I had messed it up or something! the difference was pretty big! I'm grateful for all the things I've been able to learn to this point! 

Tuesday there was a great zone conference about experiencing repentance! I'm trying to experience each day:) 

The rest of the week was full of teaching lessons and going on splits with members of the ward so that my companion could take it easy.. He has a rash and the doctor told him to try not to walk or ride a bike, which is pretty much impossible! 

We have about 4 investigators that we send a scripture to everyday to help them get the habit of reading! It is really cool to see how all sorts of cool scriptures show up when you start looking for them! And it is nice to be able to do things to help them through out the week rather than wait until we meet and then try to help them and then wait another week! 

Saturday we were able to participate in the baptism of Brother Chen an 88 year old man who has been taught for like 8 months here! It was awesome! He was so happy that he could finally be baptized! 

I feel like I say pretty much the same thing every week.. But when it comes to be monday and I write I just can't help but being so grateful for my mission and all of the awesome experiences I've had and continue to have. I know that Heavenly Father loves me. I know that He loves you. 

I hope you all have a great week! I love you! 

Love, Elder Jensen

Pictures: 
1. Last Monday
2. The Baptism
3.Sister Trouble's house
4.Bishop's hike this morning
~簡長老 









No comments:

Post a Comment