Sunday, February 26, 2017

Exchanges

This week we went on 3 exchanges! It was a lot of fun! 

Monday we went and saw Sunny at Taibei 101! It was a lot of fun! She just came back from Hawaii! It was fun to hear about her trip there!

Then Monday night we started our exchange with the Neihu Elders! We had a really good time. Tuesday morning Elder Byers and I woke up early and went and ran the hike we did the monday before for our exercise time! It was a lot of fun! 

Then Tuesday night the Jilong Elders came over for our second exchange of the week. We had a lot of fun. Wednesday while we were out visiting members and finding along the way it started pouring rain and we got soaked! It was great:) It has been a really long time since we got absolutely drenched out working on the street so it was nice! 

Wednesday after our English class we started teaching a senior in high school who started coming to our class last week and it was super cool. He was really interested in the message we shared about the restoration and after he said a really really sincere prayer! Super cool! 

Friday we went on exchanges with the Assistants! It was a lot of fun! We got soaked there too! But I learned a lot! I was with Elder Hammond! He came out with me so it was fun to talk with him and catch up a bit too. 

Sunday we had a really enjoyable day of church!! I usually feel like church is pretty stressful because we invite people to come and often times they don't. But I felt that church on Sunday I was really at peace. We'd done all we could up to that point and then I just enjoyed the Sacrament and the talks. 

This last week I read a talk about the difference between doing everything we can and are supposed to because it is our duty as opposed to doing it because we want to. It is interesting.. Either way you do what is right and people are helped. But if we are just doing things because it is our duty we will be miserable and always looking for when we can finally do what we actually want. But if we decide serving the Lord is what we want to do and give him our will then we will find many moments of great peace and joy as we serve. Also the service we give will not only benefit others but we will grow from it as well. I thought that was really interesting! Attitude is important! I'm so grateful I can be here in Taiwan. 

I love you all! Have a good week! 

Love, Elder Jensen! 

I didn't get any pictures.. I'm sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment