Monday, December 12, 2016

Singing

This last week was great! Monday Amber came over with the Elders in Tianmu and she brought a cake! She is so nice! Then we went to a french Christmas market thing at the 101 and had crepes and stuff! It was a lot of fun!

Tuesday we did our Zone training meeting! It was a good meeting I thought! We got to do a role play in it where I acted as "Briggs" in high school! It was really weird, but it was just to practice working with members. As I was acting as myself I realized that there were actually lots of opportunities to share the gospel growing up that I didn't take! It made me really excited to try to share more with the people I know and love! 

That evening we went on exchanges with the Elders from Luodong. We had a really good time and met some really cool people. I was with Elder Clyde. We contacted this one lady and we asked her if she believed in God and her response was that she had a devil and "666" tattooed on her back. We determined that she must have a lot of things she regretted in her past and shared with her about baptism and a fresh new start. She didn't live in our area but she seemed really touched by that message and gave us her phone number to give to the missionaries in her area! I thought it was a really powerful contact! It is so cool to see how this message is for everyone, no matter what problems they may have or what things they have done in the past. 

Then on Saturday we spent almost all day singing in the missionary Christmas choir. For one event at a junior high school and then that evening for the english wards nativity performance. I really enjoyed being able to sing and spread the Christmas spirit! I also really really liked watching the English ward perform the nativity! It brings back lots of great memories and helps me to remember how grateful I am for the birth of our Savior! We went back last night as well for the last performance of the nativity! 

Renee is getting closer and closer to being ready for baptism! We are super excited for her! She has been to church 4 weeks in a row! 

Also yesterday morning at church we were waiting by the door and all of the sudden Tim came out of nowhere!! It was awesome because we weren't expecting him! He says that he hasn't felt anything yet and that he's slowly giving up and we having been doing everything we can to help him find a testimony! But it was really cool to see that he is still trying and he was able to come to church so he just came even though we weren't expecting him. He's a really awesome guy! His restaurant closed down and he got a normal job now so meeting with him will be a bit more difficult but I'm sure there will be a way! 

I love my mission!! I've learned so much and am still learning so much. My companion is awesome and a really good missionary and there are so many opportunities to learn from him! 

Last of all I just want to say again I"m so grateful for Jesus Christ! This is such a wonderful time of year to really focus on becoming more like him! I've been more aware than usual the last few weeks that I still have a really long way to go. I'm really glad for that because it helps me become a better person and in turn better help those around me! I love you all! I hope you have a wonderful week! 

Love, Elder Jensen

Pics:
We woke up a little early and ran up a mountain with the Luodong Elders for exercise! It was sweet! It is called Elephant Mountain.





Amber surprised me with a cake for my Birthday!!










1 comment:

  1. Oh awesome, what a good way to start my week! You light up our lives so much with your attitude and commitments to improve and share the gospel. You are inspiring, Elder Jensen

    ReplyDelete