Monday, May 23, 2016

A good one!

This was a great week!! 

So An An our investigator that was supposed to get baptized on Sunday had to be changed to next Sunday because of some activities going on around the ward and stake! But it is finally happening next Sunday and we are super excited for her!! Woohoo!! 

Also this week I went on exchanges with Elder Dorius the zone leader in Zhunan. It was pretty fun! He is a funny guy! People just go crazy around him for some reason! He called this older lady on the train pretty and she started joking with us about trying to trick girls by giving them compliments here.. And then we made it really clear that's not what we are doing here.. And then they were like best friends! Guess I need to step up my people skills;) Anyway I learned a lot from him and am excited to just keep at this great work! 

On Wednesday I met an Elder at English class that just got home from the Washington DC North mission.. He said that he knew Elder Zollinger so that was pretty cool!! Then yesterday I found out that the sister who just got home from Salt Lake in our ward served in Reno for 3 months right by Carson city where I grew up! So I thought that was pretty cool! 

Hmm.. Sunday was pretty awesome! We had some people we've been working with like since we got here come to church for the first time and it was super awesome! They really loved church! They share scriptures with us and testify of them and share how the scriptures have blessed their lives and it is so cool! There are so many people here so close to baptism and we're just trying to figure out how to make the last step! 

We also had a really powerful lesson with a less active member this week! We told him that there are 168 hours in a week (I hope that is right) And that God just asks that we give him 3 every Sunday to come and worship Him. Then we shared about the healing power of Christ and the Atonement. I know that the Atonement can heal and help each of us with every thing that needs helped or healed.. But it takes actions.. The people that Christ healed first went and found Him. As we seek Him he will heal us! I know He will:) I think we have to be patient though too.. In the scriptures most of the examples are almost instant.. But we also learn that things come step by step.. Sometimes healing can be a process of fighting for years and slowly step by step things are better. But it is so slow you don't even realize and then one day you hit the point where you suddenly recognize how far you have come! I don't know what it will be, but immediate or not I know that if you don't give up on Christ you can make it! He'll never give up on any of us:) It was a really good lesson! 

Also we went to a baptism at the ocean in Zhunan for a family of their investigators! It was a pretty interesting baptism! I was grateful for the experience and was able to learn a lot! Baptizing people in the ocean isn't as easy as you might think;) But it was really cool and everyone really enjoyed it! 

I hope that you all have a great week! Congrats to everyone wrapping up school and stuff this week! Man that is nuts! Time just flies.. I love and miss you all! 

Love, Elder Jensen!



No comments:

Post a Comment