Monday, March 14, 2016

Drawing a Blank

This week was full of a lot of really great things! I'm not sure what they were though;) I'll start from the beginning of the week and see what I can do! 

Monday we went to a trampoline park for the second time and it was super awesome! I love it there! So much fun to do some fun stuff on a trampoline every once in a while! 

Tuesday night my stomach starting hurting and I woke up twice that night and threw up.. I don't really know why! So I didn't feel too good for Wednesday but Elder Welch had to pack and so I got to rest a bit and I made it through the day just fine and dandy:) By Wednesday night at English class I was feeling a little bit better! 

Thursday I started with my new companion Elder Diepeveen from Lehi! He's already been living with me for the last 3 months. Both of our companions just moved out and they put us together! I'm convinced that I will be companions with everyone from Lehi;) Anyway things have been going really well with him so far! We put the two of our investigator pools together and we now have a group of 6 people with baptismal dates and they are all pretty solid! 

We set a date with Jerry's sister who has been investigating for a while for the end of this month. She has faced some family opposition in the past so we are hoping that we can help overcome that and her baptism will go smoothly! 

Yesterday we also went over to a foster childs home.. She is a member but her caretaker is not. She just took all of the children to be baptized and she takes them to church it is interesting. But there is another one there who is newer and hasn't been baptized yet. We were able to set a date with her as well! She didn't quite understand everything we were saying, she was pretty distracted, but she was really excited to be baptized! 

Lots of little miracles like that and the work is just really taking off here in Xiangshan! I'm super excited for the upcoming weeks! 

Also congrats to Jacob shipp and Nathan Allen on their mission calls.. I was pretty convinced Nathan would be coming here, but Singapore will be awesome too! And by ways of news, four people from Lehi got here this last week. Sister Miller is in my district, but the other 3 are all out who knows where. Hopefully I'll get to see them at some point! 

Oh last exciting thing from this week!! Elder Toronto from the 70 who lives in Beijing spoke in our ward yesterday! THat was pretty lucky for us! He was awesome he shared a lot of things I really liked about the strengthening power of the Atonement! He also taught our Sunday school and that was really cool too! He taught us about agency and how important it is that we are able to make mistakes because they are what allow us to grow and improve! I really liked that. I also learned that in order to learn we have to ask questions. The Lord isn't going to tell us something we aren't searching an answer for, because that is kind of like a parent telling a kid to do something that they don't want to do! Us asking shows we are prepared to listen and then we can receive that answer and apply the answer because it is what we want! I don't know if that makes sense but I liked it! 

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer! He lives and because He lives we can overcome weakness, disappointment and failure. We can become as He is! 

I love you all! Have a great week:) 

Love Elder Jensen! 

Took this this morning cause I realized I didn't take any pictures this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment