Monday, December 21, 2015

XiangShan

This week absolutely flew by! We had a great week! On Monday I went and hung out with Elder Dexter for his last preparation day while his companion and my companion worked on a nativity they are putting together! We had a fun time! 

Wednesday night was my last activity in Tianmu and it was a lot of fun! We had a bunch of people come out to English class and I got to say goodbye to them all! Amber was there as well as a few of the other people we found last week! They all were super good to me! I hope everything is going well for all of them! 

Thursday was transfer meeting and we sent home a bunch of super awesome missionaries. I am going to miss all of them. I got my new area and companion. I am in Xiangshan on the west coast of Taiwan. It took us like 2 hours to get here! A bit further away than Tianmu! My companion is Elder Welch! He's a great guy! He and I are getting along just great!

Not much else happened this week.. Sorry I'm still getting used to it here and don't have alot to tell you about it yet! But It looks like this is a wonderful place! It is quite different from my last area! There are fields and smaller buildings here! It is super cool! I think I'm going to really like it here! 

But Amber did get baptized in Tianmu!! I wasn't able to go, but I am so happy for her! It was awesome to be able to go from finding her to almost baptizing her! She is a great woman and I have loved watching as the gospel has changed her! 

Sorry that is about all I've got for the week! 

I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas!! It's the most wonderful time of the year! I think I definitely took this time for granted before! Spending Christmas with the family is really such a special wonderful thing! And being able to be on a mission and sharing the love of Christ with others on Christmas is special too! Lots of people here don't celebrate Christmas! It is interesting! Remember that Christ is the greatest gift of all! And God gave him so that all of us could return to live with him! I invite all of you to think of a gift that you can give to the Savior for Christmas! If you are struggling with prayer or scripture study maybe recommit to do that for the Savior! I don't know! It's up to you! Help someone else feel of His great love this Christmas Season!! I love you all! Have a great week!! 

Love Elder Jensen!

Me and Reinaldo! His Daughter and Son in law run a store here in Xiangshan super excited to get to know them!


No comments:

Post a Comment