Monday, June 29, 2015

June 22, 2015

So week two is almost over and things are going a lot better! The sitting isn't killing me anymore so that is good and I'm starting to figure out how to study and learn and stuff. The Chinese is hard and a slow process but it is coming along! 

My companions are great! We get along and study hard. We are more focused than some of the others in our district I think. Our district is really funny though! I think that I will be in the trio for the rest of my time here at the MTC. 

I am kinda sick of the food.. It is all fried and I'm getting fat;) but it isn't bad! I ran a few miles this week and play basketball most mornings! It is pretty fun!

Okay so this week we followed the same schedule. Lots of studying and stuff. We taught our investigator a few more times and then at the end of the week she became another one of our teachers! We start teaching a new investigator tomorrow I think.
This week the mission presidents are all coming in and so the First presidency and quorum of the 12 will all be here through out the week. We aren't aloud to go near where they'll be so I'm hoping we get to have a devotional or something! It will be super cool to have all of those people here and we will be getting to meet with our Mission presidents on Friday night! 

My favorite thing about the MTC is the choir practice on devotionals on Sunday and Tuesday nights! They're super fun and really good. I don't even know how to sing but the director is funny and the music brings an awesome spirit. I am looking forward to tomorrow nights devotional a lot. 

I'll be saying goodbye to Matt tonight hopefully if he comes by like he said he would. I saw him yesterday though and he seemed good!

Tanner Mellior will be in my branch I found out yesterday so thats cool! Also I get to host on Wednesday so I'll be keeping my eyes out for Landon and Tanner! I'm super excited to be getting some new people I know in. It's fun to see people you know. I have seen a few others from Lehi in the last few days and it is always fun! 

I will keep working on adding detail and making these longer and more interesting to read! 

One last thing. We watch Meet the Mormons last night after the devotional, and guess what?? The guy that helps the missionary buying his stuff is the same one that helped me. I thought that was kinda funny.. The movie was good. 

Oh and one more thing. We watched the mormon message "Because He Lives" and I just wanted to tell you guys that is an awesome video! I know you've all probably seen it but maybe just watch it again. I know that we can do all things no matter how hard because of what He did for us. Never forget that. I know that He lives. 

Talk to you all again next week! Let me know what else you want to know! 

Love you all a ton and miss you! Take care!

Love, Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment